Tuesday, April 13, 2010

next to normal's pulitzer

When I was having my Playbill signed by the young actor who played Henry in Broadway's Next to Normal, which won the several Tony awards in 2009, he said it was a good day to watch.

It was announced earlier today that Next to Normal won the Pulitzer Prize.

I think this is the first musical I've seen that takes place in the present day (they even quip about Photoshop at one point), about a present-day issue. Even if RENT was pretty contemporary, the audience is removed from issues like homelessness and HIV. This was a real first for me.

Have a lot to say (as usual) about the music, score, lyrics, SET, lighting, ACTORS, etc, but for now I just want to get down that I got to see the show on an important day. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment